from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Carried by or through the air: airborne pollen.
- adj. Transported in aircraft: airborne troops.
- adj. In flight; flying: The plane is airborne.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In or carried by the air.
- n. Military infantry intended to be transported by air and delivered to the battlefield by parachute or helicopter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. conveyed by or through air, as dust or pollen.
- adj. in flight; flying; -- said of an airplane.
- adj. carried directly to the site of battle by aircraft; -- said of combat troops, .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. moved or conveyed by or through air
Attested since the 1640s; air + borne (Wiktionary)