from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, occurring, used, or performed beneath the surface of water.
- adj. Nautical Below the water line of a vessel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. beneath the surface of the water, or of or pertaining to the region beneath the water surface
- adj. beneath the water line of a vessel
- adj. having negative equity; owing more on an asset than its market value
- n. underlying water or body of water, for example in an aquifer or the deep ocean
- n. A type of lure which lies beneath the water surface.
- v. to water or irrigate insufficiently
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. growing or remaining under water
- adj. beneath the surface of the water
Sorry, no etymologies found.