from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, expressing, composed of, or based on an analogy: the analogical use of a metaphor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, based on, or composed of an analogy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Founded on, or of the nature of, analogy; expressing or implying analogy.
- adj. Having analogy; analogous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Founded on or involving analogy: as, an analogical argument.
- Having analogy, resemblance, or relation; analogous.
- In biology, of or pertaining to physiological, functional, or adaptative analogy; having physiological without morphological likeness: distinguished from homological.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. expressing, composed of, or based on an analogy
Sorry, no etymologies found.