from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or based on deduction.
- adj. Involving or using deduction in reasoning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or based on deduction.
- adj. Based on inferences from general principles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to deduction; capable of being deduced from premises; deducible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of deduction; of the nature of or based on inference from accepted principles.
- Deduced; derived as a conclusion from accepted principles; relating to inference from a principle to the results of that principle in any special case.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to logical deduction
- adj. involving inferences from general principles
Sorry, no etymologies found.