from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Based on or involving conjecture. See Synonyms at supposed.
- adj. Tending to conjecture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In the nature of a conjecture, or based on a conjecture.
- n. Something that is conjectural; a conjecture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Dependent on conjecture; fancied; imagined; guessed at; undetermined; doubtful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Depending on conjecture; springing from or implying a guess or conjecture; problematical: as, a conjectural opinion; a conjectural emendation of a text.
- Given to conjecturing or to depending on mere conjecture: as, a conjectural critic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. based primarily on surmise rather than adequate evidence
Sorry, no etymologies found.