from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no justification; groundless: unwarranted interference. See Synonyms at baseless.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not warranted; unjustified; being without warrant, authority, or guaranty; unwarrantable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not warranted; being without warrant, authority, or guaranty; unwarrantable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not warranted; not authorized; unjustifiable; as, an unwarranted interference.
- Not guaranteed; not assured or certain.
- Not guaranteed to be good, sound, or of a certain quality: as, an unwarranted horse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking justification or authorization
- adj. incapable of being justified or explained
- adj. without a basis in reason or fact
Sorry, no etymologies found.