from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by extortion.
- adj. Exorbitant; immoderate: extortionate interest rates.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, related to or typifying extortion
- adj. greatly exceeding what is reasonable or moderate; exorbitant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characterized by extortion; oppressive; hard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by extortion; oppressive; excessive: as, an extortionate price.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. greatly exceeding bounds of reason or moderation
Sorry, no etymologies found.