from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exceedingly eager for material gain; avaricious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Eager for money; greedy.
- v. Present participle of grasp.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Seizing; embracing; catching.
- adj. Avaricious; greedy of gain; covetous; close; miserly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Eager to gain possession of something; covetous; rapacious; avaricious; exacting; miserly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. understanding with difficulty
- n. the act of gripping something firmly with the hands (or the tentacles)
- adj. immoderately desirous of acquiring e.g. wealth
Sorry, no etymologies found.