from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a miser; avaricious or penurious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Like a miser; very covetous; stingy; cautious with money
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a miser; very covetous; avaricious; stingy; sordid; niggardly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like a miser; penurious; sordid; niggardly; parsimonious: as, a miserly person, or a person of miserly habits.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of persons or behavior) characterized by or indicative of lack of generosity
Sorry, no etymologies found.