from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Reduced to poverty; poverty-stricken. See Synonyms at poor.
- adj. Deprived of natural richness or strength; limited or depleted: an impoverished vocabulary; a region impoverished by drought.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Reduced to poverty.
- adj. Having lost a component, an ingredient, or a faculty or a feature ; rendered poor in sth ; depleted.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of impoverish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. poor enough to need help from others
- adj. destroyed financially
Sorry, no etymologies found.