from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suffering the loss of a loved one: the bereaved family.
- n. One or those bereaved: The bereaved has entered the church. The bereaved were comforted by their friends.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having suffered the death of a loved one
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of bereave.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. mourning due to the death of a loved one.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. sorrowful through loss or deprivation
- n. a person who has suffered the death of someone they loved
Sorry, no etymologies found.