from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Given to or marked by gluttony.
- adj. Indulging in something, such as an activity, to excess; voracious. See Synonyms at voracious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Given to excessive eating; prone to overeating.
- adj. Greedy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Given to gluttony; eating to excess; indulging the appetite; voracious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Given to excessive eating; greedy; voracious; hence, grasping.
- Characterized by or consisting in excessive eating.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. given to excess in consumption of especially food or drink
Sorry, no etymologies found.