from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Eating both animal and vegetable foods.
- adj. Taking in everything available, as with the mind: an omnivorous reader.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a diet which is neither exclusively carnivorous nor herbivorous.
- adj. Having an interest in a variety of subjects.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. All-devouring; eating everything indiscriminately.
- adj. Eating both animal and vegetable food.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- All-devouring; eating food of every kind indiscriminately; specifically, of or pertaining to the Omnivora: as, omnivorous animals: often used figuratively: as, an omnivorous reader.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. feeding on both plants and animals
From Latin omnivorus : omni-, omni- + -vorus, -vorous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the Latin omni, all and -vore. (Wiktionary)