from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not restrained; uncontrolled: incontinent rage.
- adj. Lacking normal voluntary control of excretory functions.
- adj. Lacking sexual restraint; unchaste.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Unable to contain or retain.
- adj. Lacking the ability to restrain natural discharges or evacuations of urination or defecation.
- adj. Lacking moral or sexual restraint, moderation or self-control, especially of sexual desire.
- adj. Unrestrained or unceasing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not continent; uncontrolled; not restraining the passions or appetites, particularly the sexual appetite; indulging unlawful lust; unchaste; lewd.
- adj. Unable to restrain natural evacuations, such as urination or defecation.
- n. One who is unchaste.
- adv. Incontinently; instantly; immediately.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not continent; not holding or held in; unceasing or unrestrained: as, an incontinent tattler; an incontinent flow of talk. Specifically
- Unrestrained in indulgence of appetite or passion; intemperate in sexual intercourse; unchaste; licentious.
- In medicine, unable to restrain natural discharges or evacuations.
- Not delayed; immediate; offhand.
- n. One who is incontinent or unchaste.
- Incontinently; instantly; immediately.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not having control over urination and defecation
Middle English, from Old French, from Latin incontinēns, incontinent-, unrestrained : in-, not; see in-1 + continēns, continent; see continent2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)