from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Given to or expressing lust; lecherous.
- adj. Exciting sexual desires; salacious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Wanton; lewd, driven by lust, lustful.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Wanton; lewd; lustful
- adj. Tending to produce voluptuous or lewd emotions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wanton; lewd; lustful: as, lascivious men; lascivious desires.
- Tending to excite voluptuous emotions; luxurious.
- Synonyms Lecherous, libidinous, licentious, lewd, lustful, salacious, unchaste, incontinent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. driven by lust; preoccupied with or exhibiting lustful desires
Middle English, from Late Latin lascīviōsus, from Latin lascīvia, lewdness, playfulness, from lascīvus, lustful, playful; see las- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin lascīviōsus, from lascīvia ("sportiveness, lustfulness"). (Wiktionary)