from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Appealing to or stimulating sexual desire; lascivious.
- adj. Lustful; bawdy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Promoting sexual desire or lust.
- adj. Lascivious, bawdy, obscene, lewd.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Having a propensity to venery; lustful; lecherous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lustful; lecherous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by lust
- adj. suggestive of or tending to moral looseness
From Latin salāx, salāc-, fond of leaping, lustful, from salīre, to leap; see sel- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin salāx ("provocative, lustful"), from saliō ("leap, jump; copulate"). (Wiktionary)