from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling fat or sebum; fatty.
- adj. Secreting fat or sebum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to fat, sebum
- adj. oozing fat
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or secreting, fat; composed of fat; having the appearance of fat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to tallow or fat; made of, containing, or secreting fatty matter; fatty.
- In botany, having the appearance of tallow, grease, or fat: as, the sebaceous secretions of some plants.
- In anatomy and zoology:
- Fatty; oily; greasy; unctuous: as, sebaceous substances: specifically noting the secretion of the sebaceous follicles.
- Secreting, containing, or conveying sebaceous matter: as, a sebaceous follicle, gland, or duct.
- Same as pearl-tumor, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing an unusual amount of grease or oil
Latin sēbum, tallow + -aceous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)