from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of or containing soap: soapy water.
- adj. Covered with soap: soapy hands.
- adj. Resembling soap: a soapy consistency.
- adj. Slang Unctuous; oily: soapy compliments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. resembling soap
- adj. resembling a soap opera
- adj. full of soap
- adj. covered in soap
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling soap; having the qualities of, or feeling like, soap; soft and smooth.
- adj. Smeared with soap; covered with soap.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or containing soap; resembling soap; having some of the properties of soap; saponaceous.
- Smeared with soap: as, soapy hands.
- Belonging to or characteristic of soap: as, a soapy taste; a soapy feeling.
- Smooth-tongued; unctuous; plausible: flattering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling or having the qualities of soap
- adj. unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech
Sorry, no etymologies found.