from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suitable for a royal court; stately: courtly furniture and pictures.
- adj. Elegant; refined: courtly manners.
- adj. Flattering in an insincere way; obsequious.
- adv. In a courtly manner; elegantly or politely.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Suitable for a royal court; refined, dignified.
- adj. Obsequious, flattering.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating or belonging to a court.
- adj. Elegant; polite; courtlike; flattering.
- adj. Disposed to favor the great; favoring the policy or party of the court; obsequious.
- adv. In the manner of courts; politely; gracefully; elegantly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to a court or to courts.
- Elegant; polite; refined; courteous: as, “courtly accents fine,”
- Disposed to court the great; somewhat obsequious; flattering.
- In the manner of courts; elegantly; in a gracious or flattering manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. refined or imposing in manner or appearance; befitting a royal court
From court + -ly. (Wiktionary)