from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a highly developed society and culture.
- adj. Showing evidence of moral and intellectual advancement; humane, ethical, and reasonable: terrorist acts that shocked the civilized world.
- adj. Marked by refinement in taste and manners; cultured; polished.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a highly developed society or culture.
- adj. Showing evidence of moral and intellectual advancement; humane, reasonable, ethical.
- adj. Marked by refinement in taste and manners.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Reclaimed from savage life and manners; instructed in arts, learning, and civil manners; refined; cultivated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a high state of culture and development both social and technological
- adj. marked by refinement in taste and manners
Sorry, no etymologies found.