from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Educated, polished, and refined; cultivated.
- adj. Produced under artificial and controlled conditions: cultured pearls.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Learned in the ways of civilized society; civilized; refined.
- adj. Artificially developed.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of culture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Under culture; cultivated.
- adj. Characterized by mental and moral training; disciplined; refined; well-educated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having culture; refined.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by refinement in taste and manners
Sorry, no etymologies found.