from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. educated or informed
- adj. Made aware of something
- adj. Freed from illusion
- adj. Exceedingly wise
- n. Someone who has been introduced to the mysteries of some activity, religion especially Buddhism
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of enlighten.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Illuminated; supplied with light; light-giving.
- Possessing or manifesting enlightenment; having or showing much knowledge or acquired wisdom; specifically, freed from blinding ignorance, prejudice, superstition, etc.: used to note the highest stage of general human advancement, as in the series savage, barbarous, half-civilized, civilized, and enlightened.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having knowledge and spiritual insight
- n. people who have been introduced to the mysteries of some field or activity
- adj. characterized by full comprehension of the problem involved
Sorry, no etymologies found.