from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Attractive or good-looking; that makes one look good.
- v. Present participle of flatter.
- n. The action of the verb to flatter.
- n. Instances of flattery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That flatters (in the various senses of the verb).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Flattery; a flattering speech or action.
- Adapted to excite complacency or hope; gratifying; pleasurable; encouraging: as flattering words or commendations; flattering prospects; a flattering reception.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing or representing to advantage
Sorry, no etymologies found.