from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by or containing sugar: sugary foods.
- adj. Tasting or looking like sugar.
- adj. Excessively or cloyingly sweet: sugary compliments; a sugary smile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of food, drink, etc, containing or covered with a large amount of sugar
- adj. Of behavior, exaggeratedly sweet and pleasant, often to the point of aversion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling or containing sugar; tasting of sugar; sweet.
- adj. Fond of sugar or sweet things.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling sugar in appearance or properties; containing or composed of sugar; sweet; sometimes, excessively or offensively sweet.
- Fond of sugar or of sweet things: as, sugary palates.
- Sweet in a figurative sense; honeyed; alluring; sometimes, deceitful.
- n. An establishment where sugar is made; a sugar-house.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing sugar
sugar + -y (Wiktionary)