from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Showing or marked by proper respect.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Marked or characterized by respect; as, respectful deportment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Marked or characterized by respect.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Marked or characterized by respect; showing respect: as, respectful deportment.
- Full of outward or formal civility; ceremonious.
- Worthy of respect; receiving respect.
- Synonyms Civil, dutiful, courteous, complaisant, deferential, polite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. feeling or manifesting veneration
- adj. full of or exhibiting respect
respect + -ful (Wiktionary)