from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Possessing or exhibiting tact; considerate and discreet: a tactful person; a tactful remark.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Possessing tact; able to deal with people in a sensitive manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of tact; characterized by a discerning sense of what is right, proper, or judicious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having or manifesting tact; possessing or arising from nice discernment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing skill and sensitivity in dealing with people
- adj. having or showing a sense of what is fitting and considerate in dealing with others
Sorry, no etymologies found.