from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. willing to conciliate, or to make concessions
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to conciliate; pacific; mollifying; propitiating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to conciliate or win confidence or good will; reconciling.
- Synonyms Winning, pacifying.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. making or willing to make concessions
- adj. intended to placate
Sorry, no etymologies found.