from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inclined or able to forgive.
- adj. Providing a margin for error or shortcomings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Inclined to forgive.
- v. Present participle of forgive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Disposed to forgive; inclined to overlook offenses; mild; merciful; compassionate; placable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Disposed to forgive; inclined to overlook offenses; mild; merciful; compassionate: as, a forgiving temper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. providing absolution
- adj. inclined or able to forgive and show mercy
Sorry, no etymologies found.