from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A feeling of doubt, distrust, or apprehension. See Synonyms at qualm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. doubt, apprehension, a feeling of dread
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Evil premonition; doubt; distrust; a feeling of apprehension; -- used commonly in the plural.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A failing of confidence; doubt; distrust.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. painful expectation
- n. uneasiness about the fitness of an action
- n. doubt about someone's honesty
Sorry, no etymologies found.