from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Filled with or motivated by zeal; fervent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Full of zeal; ardent, fervent; exhibiting enthusiasm or strong passion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Filled with, or characterized by, zeal; warmly engaged, or ardent, in behalf of an object.
- adj. Filled with religious zeal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of or incited by zeal; jealous for the good or the promotion of some person or object; ardent; eager; fervent; devoted.
- Caused by or manifesting zeal; due to earnest devotion; of an ardent character or quality.
- Synonyms Forward, enthusiastic, fervid, keen. See zeal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by active interest and enthusiasm
From Ancient Greek ζήλος (zēlos, "zeal, jealousy"), from ζηλόω (zēloō, "to emulate, to be jealous"). (Wiktionary)