from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Owning or mastering something. Used with of: one who is possessed of great wealth.
- adj. Controlled by or as if by a spirit or other force; obsessed: a teenager by love possessed.
- adj. Calm; collected: one who remained possessed in times of great trial.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of possess.
- adj. controlled by evil spirits.
- adj. Seized by powerful emotions.
- adj. Having; owning.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Controlled by some evil spirit or influence; demented; mad.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. influenced or controlled by a powerful force such as a strong emotion
- adj. frenzied as if possessed by a demon
Sorry, no etymologies found.