from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Serenely self-possessed; calm. See Synonyms at cool.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. showing composure.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of compose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Free from agitation; calm; sedate; quiet; tranquil; self-possessed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Free from disturbance or agitation; calm; serene; quiet; tranquil.
- Synonyms Cool, Collected, etc. See calm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. serenely self-possessed and free from agitation especially in times of stress
Sorry, no etymologies found.