from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made certain; guaranteed: an assured income.
- adj. Exhibiting confidence or authority: paints with an assured hand.
- adj. Chiefly British Insured.
- n. See insured.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of assure.
- adj. Guaranteed
- adj. Confident.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made sure; safe; insured; certain; indubitable; not doubting; bold to excess.
- n. One whose life or property is insured.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Certain; sure; indubitable; undoubted: as, “an assured experience,” Bacon, Nat. Hist.
- Bold; confident; self-possessed.
- Insured; having one's life or goods insured.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by certainty or security
- adj. marked by assurance; exhibiting confidence
Sorry, no etymologies found.