from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to pietism, especially that associated with Luther and his followers; excessively pious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Pietists; hence, in contempt, affectedly or demonstratively religious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Pietists.
- [lowercase] Characterized by strong religious feeling as distinguished from mere intellectual orthodoxy, or doctrinalism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. excessively or hypocritically pious
- adj. of or relating to Pietism
From pietist + -ic, probably after German pietistisch. (Wiktionary)