from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having great reverence for God; pious.
- adj. Divine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a god
- adj. Devoted to a god.
- adj. Devoted to the single deity of one of the monotheist religions of Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.
- adj. Gloriously good.
- adv. In a godly manner; piously; devoutly; righteously.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pious; reverencing God, and his character and laws; obedient to the commands of God from love for, and reverence of, his character; conformed to God's law; devout; righteous.
- adv. Piously; devoutly; righteously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pious; reverencing God and his character and laws; controlled by religious motives.
- Conformed to or influenced by God's laws: as, a godly life.
- Of or pertaining to a god; characteristic of a god; godlike.
- Synonyms and Holy, devout, saintly. See religion.
- In a godly manner; piously.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. emanating from God
- adj. showing great reverence for god
Sorry, no etymologies found.