from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Self-possessed; composed. See Synonyms at cool.
- adj. Brought or placed together from various sources: the collected poems of W.H. Auden.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Cool‐headed, emotionally stable, in focus.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of collect.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Gathered together.
- adj. Self-possessed; calm; composed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having control of one's mental faculties; not disconcerted; firm; prepared; self-possessed; composed: as, to be quite collected in the midst of danger.
- Synonyms Cool, Composed, etc. See calm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. in full control of your faculties
- adj. brought together in one place
collect + -ed (Wiktionary)