from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of reflect.
- adj. bent or sent back (especially of incident sound or light)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Thrown back after striking a surface
- adj. Hence: Not one's own; received from another.
- adj. Bent backward or outward; reflexed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cast or thrown back: as reflected light.
- In anatomy, turned back upon itself. See reflection, 10.
- In entomology, turned upward or back: as, a reflected margin.
- In heraldry, same as reflexed, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (especially of incident sound or light) bent or sent back
Sorry, no etymologies found.