from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. infatuated
- adj. intellectually or morally blinded
- adj. intoxicated
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of besot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made sottish, senseless, or infatuated; characterized by drunken stupidity, or by infatuation; stupefied.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by or indicative of stupidity; stupid; infatuated.
- Made sottish by drink; stupefied by habitual intoxication.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. very drunk
Sorry, no etymologies found.