from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Variant of amuck.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Out of control, especially when armed and dangerous
- adv. In a frenzy of violence, or on a killing spree; berserk
- n. One who runs amok; in Malay and Moro/Philippine culture, one who attempts to kill many others, especially expecting that they will be killed themselves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See amuck.
- Same as amuck (but a form nearer the original). See amuck.
- n. An affray in which one or more persons (Malays) run amuck. See the quotation.
- To run amuck (which see).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a murderous frenzy
- adj. frenzied as if possessed by a demon
- adv. wildly; without self-control
From Dutch, from Malay amuk ("to go on a killing spree"). (Wiktionary)