from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, suffering from, or characteristic of delirium.
- adj. Marked by uncontrolled excitement or emotion; ecstatic: delirious joy; a crowd of delirious baseball fans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being in the state of delirium.
- adj. Having uncontrolled excitement; ecstatic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a delirium; wandering in mind; light-headed; insane; raving; wild
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wandering in mind; having ideas and fancies that are wild, fantastic, or incoherent; light-headed; flighty; raving.
- Characterized by or proceeding from wild excitement, exaggerated emotion, or rapture: as, delirious joy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by uncontrolled excitement or emotion
- adj. experiencing delirium
From delirium + -ous; see also Latin delirus ("silly, doting, crazy") (Wiktionary)