from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Excessively nervous or excited; agitated.
- adj. Extremely elaborate or ornate; overdone: overwrought prose style.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. in a state of excessive nervousness, excitement, or anger; Extremely tense, anxious, or upset; filled with emotion, emotional; uneasy
- adj. elaborate; overdone
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Wrought upon excessively; overworked.
- Extremely agitated or excited; overexcited; -- of people.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Worked too hard or too much.
- Worked up or excited to excess; overexcited: as overwrought feelings, imagination, etc.
- Worked all over; covered with decorative work: as, a garment overwrought with embroidered flowers.
- Labored or elaborated to excess; overdone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. deeply agitated especially from emotion
past participle of overwork (Wiktionary)