from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or suggestive of flowers: a flowery perfume.
- adj. Abounding in or covered with flowers.
- adj. Full of ornate or grandiloquent expressions; highly embellished: a flowery speech.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to flowers.
- adj. Decorated with flowers.
- adj. Of a speech or piece of writing: too complicated; elaborate; with grandiloquent expressions; bombastic; verbose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of flowers; abounding with blossoms.
- adj. Highly embellished with figurative language; florid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of flowers; consisting of or abounding with blossoms: as, a flowery field.
- Adorned with figures or imitations of flowers: as, a flowery pattern.
- Richly embellished with figurative language; overwrought in figurative expression; florid: as, a flowery style.
- Synonyms See florid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or suggestive of flowers
- adj. marked by elaborate rhetoric and elaborated with decorative details
Sorry, no etymologies found.