from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. A past participle of swell.
- adj. Expanded by or as if by internal pressure; distended: a swollen toe.
- adj. Overblown; bombastic: swollen rhetoric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Past participle of swell
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- p. p. of swell.
- adj. Enlarged by swelling; immoderately increased
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Swelled; marked by swelling, in any sense, or by a swelling: as, a swollen river.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Sorry, no etymologies found.