from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of congest.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Crowded together.
- adj. Containing an unnatural accumulation of blood; hyperæmic; -- said of any part of the body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Crowded; thronged; affected by excessive accumulation.
- In medicine, containing an unnatural accumulation of blood; affected with congestion: as, a congested liver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. overfull as with blood
Sorry, no etymologies found.