from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. debated, controversial
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of contest.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- . Disputed.
- In the United States, involving a contest or dispute as regards the result of balloting, on the part of the unsuccessful candidate, before a court or a legislative body: called in Great Britain a controverted election.
- . Litigated: as, a contested case at law.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. disputed or made the object of contention or competition
Sorry, no etymologies found.