from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or giving off an odor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having an odor or fragrance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bearing or yielding an odor; perfumed; usually, sweet of scent; fragrant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Giving odor or scent, usually a sweet scent; diffusing fragrance; fragrant; perfumed: as, odoriferous spices; odoriferous flowers.
- Bearing scent or perfume: as, odoriferous gales.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a natural fragrance
- adj. morally offensive
- adj. emitting an odor
Latin, surface analysis is odor + -iferous (“bearing, carrying”) (Wiktionary)