from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no cover or protection.
- adj. Lacking the protection of insurance or collateral security.
- adj. Bareheaded.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not covered or protected from the weather etc
- adj. lacking insurance or security
- adj. bareheaded
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not provided with a cover or covering; having no covering; bare; naked; especially, having no covering on the head.
- Not included, embraced, or comprehended.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not covered with clothing
Sorry, no etymologies found.