from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resulting from or affected by inflammation.
- adj. Appearing to be in flames; as if made of fire.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of inflame.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Set on fire; enkindled; heated; congested; provoked; exasperated.
- adj. Represented as burning, or as adorned with tongues of flame.
- adj. Having an inflammation in; -- of tissues.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In heraldry, either burning, as a torch (see flamant), or decorated with separate flames along the edge, as a bend, fesse, or the like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resulting from inflammation; hot and swollen and reddened
- adj. adorned with tongues of flame
- adj. lighted with red light as if with flames
Sorry, no etymologies found.