from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Psychiatry Relating to, affected by, or resembling mania.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. manic-depressive
- adj. Of or pertaining to someone who exhibits mania or craziness; wicked.
- adj. Colloquial, to exhibit great energy, as one who is in the manic phase of manic depression.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pert. to, or characterized by, mania, or excitement; frenzied.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to or affected with mania.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. affected with or marked by frenzy or mania uncontrolled by reason
Greek manikos, mad, from maniā, madness; see mania.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
mania + -ic; Ancient Greek μανικός (manicos). (Wiktionary)