from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, characteristic of, or affected with paranoia.
- adj. Exhibiting or characterized by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others: a paranoid suspicion that the phone might be bugged.
- n. One affected with paranoia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, related to, or suffering from paranoia
- adj. Exhibiting extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others
- n. Someone suffering from paranoia
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Affected with paranoia.
- adj. Suffering from delusions of being persecuted by the conspiratorial actions of others; having an unwarranted suspicion of the motives of others; -- used loosely in a negative sense, not as a medical term.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling paranœa.
- n. The trade-name for a plastic material which resembles celluloid, used for dominoes, poker chips, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person afflicted with paranoia
- adj. suffering from paranoia
From paranoia + -oid. (Wiktionary)